Join our experienced and passionate team of developers building best-in-class solutions that positively impact millions of people a year.
Front-End Engineer at Threespot build solutions that are elegant, forward-thinking and accessible to all. They may come from diverse backgrounds but all share the desire to be challenged and grow. They collaborate closely with producers, UX strategists, and designers to ensure everything we build is performant and delivered on time.
Front-end development at Threespot includes a wide range of skill sets. Projects can include; making design pattern libraries for large organizations, using static-site generators to build smaller campaign-focused sites, using React or Vue to build single-page apps, developing custom WordPress themes, and collaborating with our business development team by contributing to proposals and attending client pitch meetings.
Though primarily focused on the client-side, our front-end engineers are comfortable using back-end templating languages to integrate their markup (e.g. Blade, Timber, Twig, ERB). Prior WordPress experience isn’t a strict requirement for this position, however applicants should be open to learning on the job with mentorship from other developers.
Since 1999, Threespot has been building digital solutions for clients. Somewhere along the way, we discovered that we value making a difference as much as we like making things. Since then, we’ve dedicated our time and talent to help those, and only those, who are committed to helping others.
If you want to work for clients who are making a difference, and not just a profit, we should talk.
- Proficiently write front-end code that’s responsive, cross-browser compatible, and maintainable
- Familiar with Sass or similar CSS pre/post-processors (e.g. Less, Stylus, PostCSS)
- Comfortable with Git and GitHub
- We’re a highly collaborative company that works best when everyone is physically in the office so remote work, part-time or contract workers will not be considered
- Formal education is not a prerequisite, however we do require real-world work experience to qualify for this position
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for bringing positive change to the world
- Develop efficient, maintainable, and scalable front-end systems
- Develop content-focused front-end code with an emphasis on performance, clarity, and security
- Advise User Experience and Design leads on the technical viability of functionality and designs
- Maintain regular communication with Client Services team around scheduling and scope
- Capable of translating user and business needs into technical requirements and content structures
- Produce thorough estimates for work
- Familiarity with Pantheon, Platform.sh, WP Engine, Docker, Amazon Web Services, or other relevant DevOps experience
- Familiarity with Composer, Gutenberg, Advanced Custom Fields, Bedrock, Sage, or Lando
- Familiarity with accessibility standards (e.g. WCAG or Section 508)
- Experience working with PHP and WordPress on production applications, including an understanding of; MySQL, core WordPress functions, fields, templates custom post types, custom themes/plugins, and integration best practices
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails or other server-side frameworks/runtimes (Laravel, Phoenix, Django, Node.js, etc.)
- Design, information architecture, or user-experience work
- Immediate eligibility for 160 hours of paid time off, with the opportunity to accrue additional time
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans at little to no cost to employees
- 401k with 100% employer match for a portion of contributions
- Commuter benefits stipend (including SmartBenefits and Capital Bikeshare)
- Monthly gym membership stipend
- 10 Company/Federal Holidays off
- Generous professional development program
- Maternal and paternal leave
- 100% employer-paid life, short term disability, and long term disability insurance policies
- Fun company events, activities, and gatherings throughout the year
- Threespot has been a Certified B Corporation since 2015. We chose this path to demonstrate our commitment to using our business as a force for good. A career at a B Corporation means you will be working at a company that balances profit and purpose while delivering positive impact for our clients, employees, community, and the environment
How to Apply
- Fill out the application that’s linked from this page. Rachel, our HR Manager, will get back to you promptly
- Though not required, please consider including a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and why you want to work at Threespot and how your experience directly relates to the position outlined above
- Threespot is committed to increasing our own diversity and continuing to build an inclusive environment at our workplace. We strongly encourage members of all underrepresented communities; including women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply
The World Isn’t Going To Fix Itself