Join our experienced and passionate team of developers building best-in-class solutions that positively impact millions of people a year.
Front-End Engineers at Threespot build solutions that are elegant, forward-thinking, and accessible to all. They may come from diverse backgrounds but all share the desire to be challenged and grow. They collaborate closely with producers, UX strategists, and designers to ensure everything we build is performant and delivered on time.
Front-end development at Threespot includes a wide range of skill sets. Projects can include making design pattern libraries for large organizations, using static-site generators to build smaller campaign-focused sites, using React or Vue to build single-page apps, developing custom WordPress themes, and collaborating with our business development team by contributing to proposals and attending client pitch meetings.
Though primarily focused on the client-side, our front-end engineers are comfortable using back-end templating languages to integrate their markup (e.g. Blade, Timber, Twig, ERB). Prior WordPress experience isn’t a strict requirement for this position, however applicants should be open to learning on the job with mentorship from other developers.
If you want to work for clients who are making a difference and not just a profit, we should talk.
- Develop efficient, maintainable, and scalable front-end systems
- Develop content-focused front-end code with an emphasis on performance, clarity, and security
- Advise User Experience and Design leads on the technical viability of functionality and designs
- Maintain regular communication with Client Services team around scheduling and scope
- Capable of translating user and business needs into technical requirements and content structures
- Produce thorough estimates for work
- Convert functional specs and static designs into code that’s responsive, cross-browser compatible, and maintainable
- Experience with Sass or another CSS pre/post-processors (e.g. Less, Stylus, PostCSS)
- Proficient with Git and GitHub
- Comfortable using Figma, Sketch, and/or Photoshop to extract assets and styling information
- Formal education is not a prerequisite, however we do require real-world work experience to qualify for this position
- Well organized, with an attention to detail and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Part-time or contract workers will not be considered
- Previous design, UX, or information architecture work
- Familiarity with accessibility standards (e.g. WCAG or Section 508)
- Experience with PHP and WordPress
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails or similar server-side frameworks
- Passion for bringing positive change to the world
- Ability to work in our DC office (preferred but not required)
- Though not required, a BS or equivalent is a plus
Threespot is a Black woman-led digital strategy agency built to fight for socially conscious organizations. Founded in 1999, Threespot aims to interrupt the status quo and reshape how organizations think and talk about themselves. That’s translated into dynamic digital strategies, custom user experiences, and enlivened brands for the likes of the ACLU, Color of Change, and the National Park Service.
As a Certified B Corp™, we’re motivated to leave this world better off than how we found it. We’re committed to solving complex problems by bringing diverse perspectives and voices to the table and an empathetic ear to every conversation.
Salary & Benefits
- $70–80k or commensurate with experience
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans at little to no cost to you
- 401k with 100% employer match for a portion of contributions
- Monthly phone/internet stipend
- Monthly health and wellness stipend
- 11 Company/Federal Holidays off
- Generous professional development program
- Caregiver leave
- 100% employer-paid life, short term disability, and long term disability insurance policies
- Fun company events, activities, and gatherings throughout the year
- Threespot has been a Certified B Corp™ since 2015. We chose this path to demonstrate our commitment to using our business as a force for good. A career at a B Corporation means you will be working at a company that balances profit and purpose while delivering a positive impact for our clients, employees, community, and the environment
How to Apply
- Fill out the application that’s linked from this page. Rachel, our HR Manager, will get back to you promptly
- Threespot is committed to increasing our own diversity and continuing to build an inclusive environment at our workplace. We strongly encourage members of all underrepresented communities to apply; including women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, and individuals with disabilities
- Though not required, we strongly recommend including a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and why you want to work at Threespot, and how your experience directly relates to the position outlined above
The World Isn’t Going To Fix Itself