Marketing and Communications Strategist
We're looking for an excellent writer with an eye on all things digital marketing to help us engage organizations dedicated to progressive causes.
Threespot is seeking a Marketing and Communications Strategist to help us communicate our work, mission, and history to the world with authenticity and passion. This position sits somewhere between business development, marketing strategy, and internal communications, meaning you'll be responsible for shaping our story and sharing the impact of our work, whether that's through social channels, event planning, written communications, or employee engagement initiatives.
You'll use your digital marketing expertise to help us elevate the Threespot brand and build up our client roster. Whether you're showcasing the uniqueness of our work and our team, finding new ways to connect with potential clients/partners, or building innovative marketing strategies and solutions – we're trusting you to take the lead and deliver real, measurable results. At the end of the day, we're looking for an inclusive and collaborative leader, a persuasive communicator, and a steward of good grammar.
We believe in chasing things more meaningful than profits. If you do too, we should talk.
- Brainstorm and define marketing strategies and collaborate on the execution of new campaigns, events, and internal office initiatives
- Communicate and build relationships internally with leadership and project teams and externally with clients
- Assist in the production of business development and pitch related materials such as capabilities presentations, proposal boilerplate, and more
- Report to the President and work closely with the Director of Business Development and the Chief Creative Officer to understand client relationships/opportunities through direct client engagement and to support ongoing messaging
- Identify and manage employee engagement initiatives with leadership
- Pitch speaking and event opportunities to the Threespot team
- Promote a strong sense of urgency for reaching goals and key deliverables
- Occasionally support client work that requires content development
- Occasionally help to create proposals in response to RFPs both independently and in collaboration with others.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, as well as a proven ability to develop well-written documents and presentations
- At least 2 years of experience in a related role, preferably at an agency
- Writing samples, case studies, and/or references may be requested.
- Ability to work independently, or as a part of a larger team; and can also effectively coordinate the efforts of others
- Well organized, with an attention to detail and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and advocate for work based on the company's strategic priorities
- Understanding and aptitude with digital and social media platforms and trends.
- A personal passion for bringing positive change to the world
- Formal education is not a prerequisite. However, we do require real-world work experience to qualify for this position.
- Thorough understanding of web design and development
- Strong desire to understand our work, our clients' work, and how we can continue to innovate the services we provide.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign or other desktop publishing software
- Experience in hands-on maintenance of marketing channels including, but not limited to, email and social media.
- Demonstrable successful establishment of client/agency engagement or growth thereof
Threespot is a Black woman-led digital strategy agency built to fight for socially conscious organizations. Founded in 1999, Threespot aims to interrupt the status quo and reshape how organizations think and talk about themselves. That’s translated into dynamic digital strategies, custom user experiences, and enlivened brands for the likes of the ACLU, Color of Change, and the National Park Service.
As a Certified B Corp™, we’re motivated to leave this world better off than how we found it. We’re committed to solving complex problems by bringing diverse perspectives and voices to the table and an empathetic ear to every conversation.
- $50k-75k depending on experience
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans at little to no cost to you
- 401k with 100% employer match for a portion of contributions
- Monthly phone/internet stipend
- Monthly health and wellness stipend
- 11 Company/Federal Holidays off
- Generous professional development program
- Caregiver leave
- 100% employer-paid life, short term disability, and long term disability insurance policies
- Fun company events, activities, and gatherings throughout the year
- Threespot has been a Certified B Corporation since 2015. We chose this path to demonstrate our commitment to using our business as a force for good. A career at a B Corporation means you will be working at a company that balances profit and purpose while delivering a positive impact for our clients, employees, community, and the environment
How to Apply
- Fill out the application that’s linked from this page. Rachel, our HR Manager, will get back to you promptly
- Though not required, we strongly recommend that you include a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and why you want to work at Threespot, and how your experience directly relates to the position outlined above
- Threespot is committed to increasing our own diversity and continuing to build an inclusive environment at our workplace. We strongly encourage members of all underrepresented communities; including women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply
The World Isn’t Going To Fix Itself