Content + Social Media Strategist
Unite storytelling and creative strategy to deliver practical and actionable strategies for our clients.
Content + Social Media Strategists at Threespot unite storytelling and creative strategy to deliver practical and actionable strategies for our clients. You understand how to inspire audiences through powerful narratives that connect with an organization’s brand. You are responsible for gaining a deep understanding of a client’s communications needs and abilities to develop cross-channel strategies and tactics help them achieve their mission and goals.
You will be able to realize strategic vision by using diverse editorial and visual approaches across various digital channels. Not all clients have the same capacity or story opportunities so pragmatism is a necessary skill. You’ll collaborate closely with creative direction, design, user experience, and technology teams to conceptualize and execute digital campaigns and ensure that the client’s brand and voice are reflected in all details of content across web and social media channels. You would serve as an editorial voice for clients and help them to improve their content development processes so that they can create, manage, and maintain the highest quality content on their own.
Finally, you’ll also understand the how to use social media and analytics to deliver on content goals. You have command of the latest industry trends and best practices and can recommend the right channels, tactics, and social media tools to maximize an organization’s influence and reach.
- Research: interviewing clients about their brand, business goals, and their relationship with their audiences; leading small- and large-scale client workshops to develop the details of their editorial process
- Analysis: critically evaluating the information gathered from clients; reconciling conflicts; deconstructing high-level information into actionable strategies; using details to develop enterprise-level processes
- Writing and Oral Communication: effectively communicating with clients and to fellow members of project teams; developing tactical campaign plans; guiding content development with strong creative copywriting skills
- Organization: understanding calendars, budgets, deadlines, and prioritization
- Flexibility: the ability to cope with rapidly changing information
- Interpersonal Skills: working well in a highly collaborative environment; negotiating priorities; and outstanding creativity, enthusiasm, sense of humor, and team spirit
- Professionalism: keen attention to detail; ability to meet demanding deadlines; able to work collaboratively, independently, and in a client-facing environment
- Conceive, prepare, focus, and lead discovery sessions and workshops
- Develop robust digital communications strategies for web and social media
- Produce content and social strategy deliverables for large- and small-scale organizations
- Develop, edit, and manage web and cross-channel content
- Advise clients and internal teams about the effective use of content —in web design, through social media channels, and as one piece of a larger communications plan
- Work closely and collaboratively with Creative Directors and User Experience Designers to conceptualize and execute a shared creative vision
- Work closely with analytics team to monitor, measure, evaluate, and report on social media’s impact for clients
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of the social media space: emerging platforms, measurement services, publishing and curation tools, audience research methods, competitive analysis, etc.
- Experience using web analytics tools, and familiarity with best practices for content SEO.
- Preach the gospel of content strategy to Threespot, clients, and the professional community
- Identify opportunities for Threespot to expand offerings
- 3-5 years of experience in a content or social media strategy role or as a web producer.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills
- Passion for bringing positive change in the world
- Immediate eligibility for paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401k with employer match
- Commuter benefits (including SmartBenefits and Capital Bikeshare)
- Monthly gym membership stipend
- Parental leave
- Short and long-term disability leave
When you apply
- No phone calls, please
- No staffing agencies, please
- No contractors, please
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, physical capability, sexual identification/orientation, national origin, or other protected class distinctions.
The World Isn’t Going To Fix Itself