Join our team of experienced and passionate developers building best-in-class WordPress applications that power our client’s websites and reach millions of people a year.
Our WordPress Developers transform the web’s most ubiquitous blogging platform into a sophisticated content management system, capable of meeting the needs of any organization. By applying modern best practices, they make WordPress as performant and secure as any rival CMS.
Our developers come from diverse backgrounds, but share the desire to be challenged and grow. They collaborate closely with producers, UX strategists, and designers to ensure everything we build is performant, accessible, and delivered on time.
Since 1999, Threespot has been building digital solutions for clients. Somewhere along the way, we discovered that we value making a difference as much as we like making things. Since then, we’ve dedicated our time and talent to help those, and only those, who are committed to helping others.
If you want to work for clients who are making a difference, and not just a profit, we should talk.
- Professional experience working with PHP and WordPress on production applications, including an understanding of MySQL, core WordPress functions, custom post types, custom themes/plugins, and integration best practices
- Comfortable writing front-end code that’s responsive, cross-browser compatible, and maintainable
- Familiarity with Sass or similar CSS pre/post-processors (e.g., Less, Stylus, PostCSS)
- Comfortable with Git and GitHub
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Develop content-focused WordPress sites with an emphasis on performance, clarity, and security
- Develop efficient, maintainable, and scalable front-end systems
- Advise User Experience and Design leads on the technical viability of functionality and designs
- Maintain regular communication with Client Services team around scheduling and scope
- Capable of translating user and business needs into technical requirements and content structures
- Produce thorough estimates for potential work
- Familiarity with Platform.sh, Pantheon, Docker, Amazon Web Services, or other relevant DevOps experience
- Familiarity with Composer, Gutenberg, Advanced Custom Fields, Bedrock, Sage, or Lando
- Familiarity with accessibility standards (e.g., WCAG or Section 508)
- Familiarity with the Ruby on Rails framework, or other server-side frameworks or runtimes (Laravel, Phoenix, Django, Node.js, etc.)
- Design, information architecture, or user-experience work
- Passion for bringing positive change to the world
- We’re a highly collaborative company that works best when everyone is physically in the office so remote work, part-time or contract workers will not be considered
- Immediate eligibility for 160 hours of paid time off, with the opportunity to accrue additional time
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans at little to no cost to employees
- 401k with 100% employer match for a portion of contributions
- Commuter benefits stipend (including SmartBenefits and Capital Bikeshare)
- Monthly gym membership stipend
- 10 Company/Federal Holidays off
- Generous professional development program
- Maternal and paternal leave
- Employer-paid life, short term disability, and long term disability insurance policies
- Fun company events, activities, and gatherings throughout the year
- The ability to work for a company that only works for progressive organizations and causes
How to Apply
- Fill out the application that’s linked from this page. Rachel, our HR Manager, will get back to you promptly
- Though not required, please consider including a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and why you want to work at Threespot and how your experience directly relates to the position outlined above
- At Threespot, we believe a diverse workplace is a better workplace. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and people with disabilities to apply
The World Isn’t Going To Fix Itself